Worship Times:

Saturday 5:00 p.m.

Sunday 8:00 and 10:30 a.m.

Sunday School 9:15 am

SUMMER WORSHIP SCHEDULE

(May through Labor Day)

Saturday  5:00 p.m.

Sunday  9:00 a.m.

Our Roots

 

Faith Lutheran Church was started from an evangelism program at St. Marks Lutheran Church in Davenport. Dr. George Arbaugh, Professor and Dean of Augustana College, conducted the first services in the Eldridge Public School on November 2, 1952. Seventy-five people attended.

 

The organizational meeting was held on Palm Sunday 1953 and Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church became the newest member of the Iowa Synod of the United Lutheran Church. 234 adults and 158 children were enrolled as charter members that day. Dr. Arbaugh continued serving this newly formed congregation until the arrival of the first resident pastor, Carl Burke, in July 1953.

 

Our Building

 

In 1987, plans for a much needed expansion were made. The expansion included upper and lower floor addition to Fellowship Hall wing, a new kitchen, a library/lounge, offices, and circle drive. Ground was broken for the expansion on March 12, 1989, and the dedication service was held on Palm Sunday, 1990.  In September 2005, the dedication of the new education wing was held.  This wing provided additional classrooms, a youth and multipurpose room and office space for the Sunday school superintendents.